(This recipe is for two pies. If you'd like to make one, just cut the recipe in half.)
- 5-6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 16 oz bag of frozen green peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 32 oz unsweetened plain soy milk
- 1 thawed package of Wholly Wholesome Organic Pie Dough (Comes with enough for two pies.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Heat butter in a large pot. Add onions, mushrooms, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle in flour. Stir until flour is cooked through.
- Add soy milk and bring to a boil. Add potatoes while boiling. Stir until thickened. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Add bay leaf.
- When potatoes are just about fork tender, add peas. When peas are heated through, take off the flame and prepare pie crust (follow directions on package).
- Roll pie crust onto pie dishes. Pour mixture into each pie dish until full. You may have left over mixture, it tastes great heated up later as a soup!
- Roll pie crusts on top of pies and pinch the edges together. With a fork, poke holes onto to top to let steam out.
- Bake until crust is golden brown (approx 30 minutes).
February 7th, 2017
Vegan Vegetable Pot Pie
( serves: 2 Pies )
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes