- 3 oz dark chocolate (vegan)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup hot coffee
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup room temperature Earth Balance vegan butter (tub not stick)
- 1 cup Cookie Butter from Trader Joe's
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons original unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line cupcake tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, pour the hot coffee over the chocolate and cocoa powder and mix until melted.
- In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk.
- In a third bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk.
- Combine all three bowls into one and mix by hand.
- Pour mixture into cupcake liners (fill about half way) and bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes before adding frosting.
- Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Add frosting to cupcakes (we used a piping bag).
April 22nd, 2016
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes With Cookie Butter Frosting
( serves: 12 Cupcakes )
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes