This eggplant parmesan recipe was adapted from Minimalist Baker. We’ve been loving this recipe paired with our our original lemon spaghetti recipe.
- 2 medium eggplant
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons Follow Your Heart Parmesan
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar vegan marinara sauce
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart Parmesan
- Salt to taste
- Slice eggplant in 1/2 inch thick slices and sprinkle with salt.
- Place slices in colander inside sink for about 20 minutes and then rinse with water. Pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Place soy milk and cornstarch in one bowl, flour in one bowl, and panko, salt, oregano, and vegan parmesan in another bowl.
- Dip eggplant slices in flour, then milk mixture, and then breadcrumb mixture.
- Place slices on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While eggplant is baking in oven, bring a large skillet to medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté 3-4 eggplant slices at a time. Place back in oven to continue crisping.
- Heat marinara sauce on stove while eggplant finishes baking.
- Prepare on top of spaghetti and add marina sauce and Follow Your Heart Parmesan on top.
- Boil spaghetti in salted water.
- Whisk the lemon juice and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Retain some of the water from pasta after draining.
- Mix spaghetti with lemon juice and olive oil. If too dry add water from pasta.
- Add salt to taste and sprinkle vegan parmesan on top.