- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened original soy milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons organic granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon organic baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread, melted for 9"x9" cake or 12 teaspoons for 12 mini cakes
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar for 9"x9" cake or 12 tablespoons for 12 mini cakes
- 5 pineapple rings for 9"x9" cake or 6 for 12 mini cakes
- 5 organic maraschino cherries for 9"x9" cake or 6 for 12 mini cakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy milk and vinegar. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until mixture becomes frothy.
- Sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk together until dry mixture disappears.
Topping For 9"x9" Cake:
- Spray cake pan with non stick oil.
- Place butter in pan and put in oven till butter is melted. Take out and stir in brown sugar.
- Arrange five pineapple rings and cherries on bottom of tray (refer to photo).
- Pour in cake batter. Cook for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 2 minutes. With a dish large enough to cover pan, flip pan over onto dish to release cake.
Topping For Mini Cakes:
- Spray 12 cupcake liners with non stick oil and place in cupcake baking sheets.
- Place butter in muffin tins and put in oven till melted. Take out and stir in brown sugar.
- Place half cherry in middle of liner, arrange pineapple quarters around cherries. Pour in batter.
- Cook for 20-25 min. Place baking sheet with parchment over muffin tray and flip to release cakes.